Azure Data Warehouse Architect
Job Title: Azure Data Warehouse Architect
Duration: Long Tern
Job Type: Fulltime/Contract
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working as a technical SME to support a data warehouse being built on Azure using MS SQL and Power BI.
- Validation of data migration plans, methods and progress
- Architecture validation possible
- Review and validate metadata strategy and approach
- This person will provide oversight and assurance supporting a large service provider conducting the data warehouse build and data migration.
- Advising and directing as necessary
- Providing best practices as required for all elements of the design, build and migration
- Assist with development of retained organization model, roles and responsibilities definition
- Effectively holding provider/s accountable and giving them advice as needed.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Overall end-to-end data warehousing architecture, from tools to middleware to data quality to orchestration software
- A firm understanding of database optimization concepts for tuning data access queries
- Strong communication, leadership and advisory skills, the role with be expected to interface with all levels of the project team, directors and the CIO as required.
- Previous data warehouse design and implementation experience required along with deep understanding of Azure platform.